California - Work remote as needed State wide
Salary - Commensurate with experience
Position Type - Full Time
Travel Required - Travel dependent upon necessity
Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. Responsible for translating the goals and strategies of all industry-related practice groups into action, Firm-wide. Develop in-depth understanding, and stay current on the workers’ compensation industry, and other related practice industries for which he or she is assigned and, specifically, the market for Laughlin, Falbo, Levy & Moresi’s legal services.
Primary focus on identification of new business lead generation and shaping proactive implementation strategies, while enhancing current client relationships in related industry sectors. Responsible for managing the Business Development and Marketing Department’s business strategy, including oversight for all day-to-day operations.
Client Development & Retention
1) Facilitate client development through marketing and educational programs. Assist and coordinate Firm’s marketing efforts.
2) Develop, distribute and interpret client satisfaction surveys.
3) Generate initial and follow up in-person meetings (and telephonic, if possible) with existing and prospective client contacts. Clients include, but are not limited to: claims examiners, supervisors managers, executives, brokers, insurance carriers, employers and account executives.
a) Include key attorney and/or operational staff as defined by client and at earliest possible opportunity.
b) Coordinate external meetings as needed with client.
4) Respond to Requests for Proposals.
Develop Marketing Plan and Budget
1) Generate marketing budget and plan and provide in-depth analysis with respect to prior and future business development related costs and resources.
a) Identify and incorporate key factors which will contribute to client retention and growth firm-wide.
b) Work with Managing Partners to secure appropriate input with respect to development of marketing plan firm-wide and specific to geographic regions.
2) Evaluate ROI. Outline expectations up front and devise a mechanism to track results.
3) Assess current business development landscape.
4) Determine and implement marketing strategy.
5) Identification of methods necessary to grow Firm (i.e., advertising, social media, newsletter, public relations and seminars).
6) Coordinate distribution of Firm’s material.
Associations, Conferences and Events
Business Development Director is responsible for identification of key industry related conferences, associations and events that should be targeted to secure growth for the firm.
Logistical Planning of Industry Conferences
• Secure pre-attendee list(s) and qualify individuals expected to participate/attend.
• Provide recommendations to Marketing Committee regarding appropriate staffing of regional and statewide conferences and events based on analysis of attendee base, nature of conference, geographic location, client participation, and any other appropriate criteria.
• Prepare pre- and post-event analysis budgets.
• Provide ROI analysis of events with anticipated large attendee base.
• Ability to Close, Territory Management, Event Planning, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Professionalism, Organizational Management, Social Media (as a marketing tool), strong writing skills.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. Industry related experience required.
Send e-mail with resume and references to: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Laughlin, Falbo, Levy & Moresi LLP is committed to providing equal opportunity based on individual merit in all employment practices, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, disciplinary action, lay off, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, medical condition (cancer related), disability or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws.
All complaints of discrimination on the basis of any protected category will be promptly and objectively investigated. If appropriate, remedial measures will be taken.
Americans With Disabilities Act
Discrimination and/or harassment on the basis of disability against an applicant or an employee who is a qualified individual with a disability, by a supervisor, management employee, or co-worker, is not condoned and will not be tolerated. This policy applies to the job application process and to all employment practices, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, disciplinary action, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
When appropriate, reasonable, accommodation will be provided to applicants and/or employees who are qualified individuals with disabilities.
All complaints of discrimination and/or harassment on the basis of disability will be promptly and objectively investigated. If appropriate, remedial measures will be taken.